Monday, March 11, 2002

I didn't think about it all day. Probably because I haven't been watching tv. I am very tired of the media opening wounds. one month, three months, six months, a commemorative pin. The flags in the shop front windows are all fading. Who would dare be the first to take them down? I'm not being insensitive, I promise, I am very sad that people cannot mourn without a camera aimed in their face. I didn't think about it all day, and now my mind is flipping channels of images. While I was busy not thinking I spent a picture perfect afternoon on the beach with Simon, and Denny. I didn't think about it all day because I was so busy holding low reigns and asking Simon, politely, not to run behind the horse. We went all the way to Pacifica and Denny the junkie did very well, except that he was quivering beneath me, tossing his head and lunging to a trot. There is little trust when we ride. When we returned to the stables he was drenched in sweat after just a walk back from the beach. There is an unbelievable capacity for stress. His story of abuse is as bold as brush strokes on a canvas, I'm beginning to see that now. I talked to him calmly between the spins (I walk him in a full circle to draw his attention back to me.)
Show me everything, show me what happened.
Later I point to his scars, he replies by twitching if it hurts. touch touch touch.
He watches me walk around the stables now and I rarely resist when I catch him looking to blow in his nose or rub his head. Despite his abuse he is a gentle giant.
Denny is the least vengeful being in my planet, not once did he ask me what day it was.

So riding on the beach with my dog there was the coolest thing.
I'm so gay.